1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma Stand

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cjarmstrong, Mar 14, 2005.

1. cjarmstrong

cjarmstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying to find out the dimensions of the panasonic stand produced by alphason model no:tystlocal1, called panasonic who said it didnt exist! even though its in there brochure! Also want to know does this stand fit the pw7.

2. mdanforth

mdanforth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have a check on the 'unbeatable' website, that's were I saw it last. Its been discontinued from there though but there are a few other places are still selling it.

3. cjarmstrong

cjarmstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes seen it there, I have found a retailer but they have no info on product i.e dimensions and whether the pw7 fits. They have also tried contating panasonic but with no result.

4. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi

I have one and it will fit the PW7. I believe it is discontinued as well. Mine will be up for sale shortly as my PW6 is going on the wall. PM me if you are interested.

5. jwillans

jwillans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Parklife - Is it black? If so I would be interested if cjarmstrong isn't.

James

6. cjarmstrong

cjarmstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    really need one asap as plasma standing on poly blocks that come in packaging! are the fittings on the pw6 the same as pw7?

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Panny are VESA mountings (international standard) and the PW6 and 7 mounts are the same so it will fit, very nice stand too if you can find one!!!

8. cjarmstrong

cjarmstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heard pack form panasonic technical dept this morning who left a message to say it was designed for pw6 and would not fit pw7? I think I'd rather take the word of HD on this though.

9. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    jwillans - It is silver not black. Check out http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_16373.html for a picture

cjarmstrong - I can confirm that the mountings on the back of the PW7 are exactly the same as the PW6. This stand was originally designed for the PA20 and Panasonic even told me it would not fit the PW6. The 2 arms that you screw through to attach the plasma move up and down independently and have about a 6 inch long hole to attach. I would say that this stand would fit a lot of plasmas, not just the PW6 and PW7.

If you are after one immediately then Alphason have bought out a similar model. Check out http://www.alphasondesigns.com/products/ag942s/index.shtml
    The arms on this look the same as my TYSTLOCAL1 so here you can see the flexibility of the stand.

10. cjarmstrong

cjarmstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers parklife ordered the tystlocal1 today will take a couple of weeks to come though, so my gear is on the floor with the screen on a couple of poly blocks for a while longer.