Plasma soon :)))))))))))

GarethH

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Decided to go via AV-Sales for my Panasonic TH-42PW6B...doing finance so should all be sorted out next week and should have it all set up soon! Is there anything I should know or do when I get it. I already know about being careful about burn in initially. Anything you recommend me doing? Anything else I should be aware of! Thanks :)

And if somebody suggests I should use the search, then no! I spent an hour trying to find some posts (just like previous questions). I must suck at searching!

Good choice Gareth - Enjoy!!! :)

As you say, be careful with static images for the first few weeks and lower contrast/brightness (both nearer to zero) from the mad factory settings for the first 200 hours or so...

Once the screen is at about 200 hours you can the calibrate it using DVE, AVIA or THX Optimiser.

Also have a really good read of the manual to learn your way around the settings...

Good luck :smashin:

JJ

OMG, if you reduce the brightness and contrast it will take ages to burn in your screen, keep the settings at normal and keep moving images on it, keep it zoomed out to fill the whole screen.
calibrate it as often as you like.
just dont play computer games or leave static images on it for very long.

Do you think my Pioneer 747A's screen saver is a good one to use to run it in? Black screen with dvd logo and a line that goes down the screen. I was thinking of leaving my laptop connected and putting a webshots picture screen saver on it?

laptops are evil, if you run windows it will probably freeze, and give you a blue screen of death, and burn your screen. ;P (Thanks Microsoft)
just drop on the normal tele BBC1 or somthing without the logo's.
and zoom it out to full screen

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom