1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma, sony dac sc8, xbox

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Kev, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Kev

Kev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok 2 of the above are arriving on friday, and im looking for the best way to hook it all up for a reasonable price,

Is the best way those stupidly expensive scart cable i was looking at, or is it these component cables ive saw mention, what are they ?

i bought a 25 quid monster 1m scart cable when i paid for the plasma and sony sc8(plasma is samsung d4 if that makes any difference ?)

any help appreciated.

Kev

2. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Component connections are the best - although unless you're prepared to mod your xbox the best you can do is Scart.

ZedZed

3. Kev

Kev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Kev

Kev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    come on guys, it gets here 2moz, i need the cables sorted....

Thanks

Kev

5. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sorry Kev - I've no idea on cabling - maybe one of the experts can help (or check out what cables AV-sales sell)

For the xbox you can buy the advanced AV kit - which is basically a scart to scart connection with a fibre optic "out" to send dolby digital to your sony dac (assuming it has a fibre optic "in" that is!).

If you want a better video connection that scart then you have to install a mod chip in your xbox (or get someone else to do it!) - change the video mode output to be NTSC, and purchase a "high definition" cable pack. That will give you component connections and will also output a progressive (better!) video signal to your plasma).

ZedZed