Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Plasma "Side" Wall Bracket

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by blackstone, Nov 4, 2003.

1. blackstone

blackstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I doubt if my living room is unique with a small 42" wide x 15" deep alcove to the left of the fire place. My quesion is - are there brackets that could fit onto the side of a plasma that would enable it to move on a ? roller from the front to rear of the alcove and at the same time permit changes to viewing angle ?
    Most livings are not designed for the ideal picture frame set up of a modern plasma let alone a CRT and AV sound stage.
    In my circumstances parallel guide rails fixed to the side of the alcove that could accomodate a bracket attachment on the side of the plasma would give another ixing option.

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. blackstone

blackstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I appreciate my post must be hard to imagine (let alone the typos) was in a rush to watch the West Wing.
    Anyway imagine your plasma screen is the left hand page of a book and the spine of the book is attached top and bottom to a rail on the side of the alcove wall permitting the screen to be pushed all the way back flush to the inside of the alcove. Alternatively pulled forward it is flush with the fireplace wall.
    Probably clear as mud, but it was very decent of you to take the time to reply.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    You'll be out of luck there, but jmack's link has an arm, the double swing out arm, that might do the job.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    If any does one it will be unicol! but that would need to be very strong!unicol does one like that for LCD IIRC but they are much lighter

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    You could plough a field with the Unicol double swing out arm, it weighs about the same as a panny 42. However, I do have a fwiend in wome who is working on this problem, he plans to design and manufacture a somewhat more 'domestic' arm stong enough for the purpose, but without looking like part of a tank.

7. blackstone

blackstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks to all who replied...Plasma Vs LCD weight is a major factor with any support linkage.