1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma showdown

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nonikandola, Dec 5, 2004.

1. nonikandola

nonikandola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right iv narrowed it down to 2 models the sony PDP-435FDETE or the pioneer PDP-435FDE. forget about the price tag, which is the better screen

i will be watching tv mainly on sky+ (footy especially and films).
    and playing on a ps2 or xbox

really getting confused now because i had my heart set on a sony but its not hdtv ready and
    then a pioneer but now i read about lip sync problems. i will have a 5.1 amp but i dont want to be running it all the time so the tv speakers will be used.

so which should i get.

cheers

2. teoterone

teoterone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are only the 435XDE and 435FDE in the UK
    Major differences are the XDE has a freeview built in and the FDE doesn't, XDE has a silver media box with PC-input, it also has a Picture in picture and home gallery (where you can view pictures from your digicam memory) and finally a digital optical out. The FDE doesn't have any of these and its media box is black. There are a couple of more differences, you can compare both products at http://www.pioneer.co.uk

The price difference is only £100 online. The XDE is better since it has more features and it doesn't cost that much more.

3. nonikandola

nonikandola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what a kn*b i meant sony KDEP42XS1 vs the pioneer 435FDE
    sos guys