1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma screens for under a Grand?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by FlyingBig, Apr 19, 2005.

1. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a market out there that is producing great plasma screens within this price range? Size doesn't matter, as long as its at least 20 inch. Cheers.

2. cjb1971

cjb1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had a panny 42 inch pw6 for £999.00 and from what ive seen of the picture so far-im well impressed!

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  4. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey horny, again :D What would you suggest, LCD or PLASMA? The reason i am looking at Plasma over LCD is that i have read LCD degrades overtime or quicker than plasma and LCDs lack a true black. What you own horny?

I am confused, is there a difference between Panasonic pwd6 and pw6?

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    need alot more info on room, sources budget expectation etc before i can even begin to think about answering that one mate...............And plasma degardes quicker

6. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All i want is something that is near to perfection as i can get. Perfection to me is the way my Sony trinitron 29 inch 4:3 tv performed bfeore i accidently damaged it. Widescreen format threw a spanner in the works by making perfect geometry near impossible to acheive so here i find myself after going through approx. 10 CRT tvs heading for plasma/lcd as i know geometry will be as near to perfection as i will get but i still have to do my best to avoid other downfalls that may ruin my viewing pleasure so i want something with as little digital processing as possible or one that does all its digital processing without showing its ugly face during fast scenes or dark/light scenes etc..
    Bedroom is medium sized and sources are component xbox,sky digital and RGB via Gamecube, PS2 but i have component cables for both these systems.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well i think a 37" Panny is going be the closest to your old CRT and give you best compromise on size, geometry and budget..........but £999 gets you a bare panel need to add input bpards etc and speakers add a component board, £85+ a JS RGB>VGA or scart board £100 look in classifieds for deals (could look for some one selling a 37"/42" panny secondhand can consider a 37PA20/30 or PE30 seconhand too....

8. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately i am returning a defective tv and have to choose a brand new telly from the store which happens to be partial to one brand but has offered to supply with any brand of tv i require. Thanks for your advice horny