1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma screens and 'sun burn'....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Suki G, May 15, 2005.

1. Suki G

Suki G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a simple question (in more ways than one may be) but is it OK to have direct sunlight on my PW7 screen? Now that the weather is brightening, my screen must be taking 3 to 4 hours of direct sunlight per day - will this burn or damage the screen?

I think I'm right to say that LCD displays can be damaged by direct sunlight - is it the same for plasma screens?

I don't relish the thought of having to have the blinds down all day....

S.

2. reddevil63

reddevil63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    Have you got curtains near the set? If so pull them over until the sun doesn't hit the screen.

Don't know whether sun damages plasma screens but I hate the sun shining on mine, can't see the picture for one! :)

3. Suki G

Suki G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    we have blinds but we don't need them or use them (they are more ornamental than anythuing). when we sit down to watch TV the sun is invariably low in the sky so we don't have a problem. it's during the day that the sun is on the screen when we are at work and I can't be bothered lowing the blinds every morning and then highering them every evening if its not necessary. would be useful to know if the sun does damage the screen...

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Not as far as I know. Plenty of them live their lives in bright places, I haven't heard anything against it.