1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma screens and lip-synch delays?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by rob@rar.org.uk, Jan 21, 2002.

1. rob@rar.org.uk

rob@rar.org.uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the market for a plasma screen (perhaps the Panasonic W4B). I vaguely reading somewhere recall that there were lip-synch problems when using plasma screens and seperate Dolby Digital/Pro Logic sound system. Is this correct, or have I made a mistake?

Regards

Rob

2. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    I can’t see why. The display should make no difference at all. If your current TV/Amp setup doesn't display any lip sync problems then adding a Plasma shouldn't change that.
    BTW, good luck on finding a Panasonic W4. If you want one and you know of someone who has it in stock buy it quickly because there aren’t that many about. My dealer told me not to expect any more of those units in quantity until March at the earliest.

3. rob@rar.org.uk

rob@rar.org.uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. After a bit more searching about I think what I read was something to do with line-scalers introducing a delay, so the potential for lip-synch problems if you feed a plasma through a scaler.

Regards

Robert