Plasma screen usage

pascal77uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Ive decided to buy another used plasma instead of an OLED due to the screen burn issues of the OLED. So Found a Panasonic I like, asked the chap to tell me the usage. which I’ve attached the photo. I’m new to this so status 4 is hours usage. ? I was told the second number is times switched on/off. But this is 0000 ?
can this be reset at all. Tv is a VT

thanks

E8E430B9-0BF2-4084-9EE2-606FD309543A.jpeg

Last edited:
Burn in Issues with a OLED. I’ve edited my post to be clearer thanks

See so many problems with LG I’m not sure I want to spend 2K for a product that could be showing this within 12 months

I am confused - are you buying a plasma instead of an OLED because of plasma screen burn issues or OLED screen burn issues?

(Sorry, I don't know the answer to your technical question, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along soon)

Hi

Ive decided to buy another used plasma instead of an OLED due to the screen burn issues of the OLED. So Found a Panasonic I like, asked the chap to tell me the usage. which I’ve attached the photo. I’m new to this so status 4 is hours usage. ? I was told the second number is times switched on/off. But this is 0000 ?

thanks

View attachment 1254164
Looks like 6882 hours to me.

Which 'VT' model is it?

Paul

Hi Paul it’s a VT65

I think he needs to go deeper into the service menu. Have a look at this thread...

All depends on what you define is better, very subjective and personal.

I am a photographer and designer by trade and I can assure you I have spent many hours researching and assessing every TV available. With many hours viewing 8K and 4K formats, looking for excellence. I constantly work with the finest details and images so appreciate what I am looking for.

And after more consideration that you will ever be able to comprehend I can tell you the Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B hit’s such a sweet spot that’s unmeasurable against modern OLED’s. Those who know, know !

But all depends on what you want and need from your TV, back to my first sentence, it’s all subjective.

And im glad your enjoying your LG.

Im now onto my personal perfection of sound.

I have an LG OLED and I can 100% promise you it looks better than yours. Not trying to be a dick, but TVs have advanced so much that it's not even close. I'm not sure what you've seen in person but go to any best buy and they should have a bunch of the top TVs.

Last edited:
Hi

thanks

View attachment 1254164
This is normal, the switch on/off counter is available only in service menu on this serie, just the latest series shown the switch on/off counter into user menu.
The hour counter can't be resetted by users but just into the factory with a special cable connected to the board. The only way for a user to reset the hours counter is to replace the tv main board with a new one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom