• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma Screen Speakers

D

dannyllama

Hi everyone,

I confess to being a little ignorant when it comes to all things speakery, so please forgive me. I want to acheive a 5.1 system (my Yam amp is capable).

I have a Samsung 42" Plasma, which I am just about to wall mount. I am thinking of using the Eltax Planos speakers or Wharfedale PP-S1 frame speakers as the LR. Any preferences over these speakers ? For rears I am thinking of the Eltax Mini-Monitors. For a sub I am using my existing Eltax.

However I am stuck on a choice of centre speaker. I would like the system to look slim alongside the plasma screen and (possibly) Eltax Planos speakers. I don't really want a big chunky centre, as it defeats the "svelte" look I am after.

What do you learned chaps recommend ? Oh I forgot to mention that I am on a budget :D !

Many thanks in advance.

Dan.

A

alpina

check out b&w FPM series and boston acoustic P Series.

Very cool for a stealth look

Good luck

Julie

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom