Plasma Screen savers ?

The Eggman72

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
If you have a Windows HTPC, any screensaver will do. Either 'blank screen' or something that just moves some text around. Windows Media Center will blank the screen automatically, and can be configured to show a 'photo wall' from available images if you want. It looks pretty cool.

I run xbmc and wanted something that look like a normal plasma screensaver...

No not the kinda stuff needed....

something like what plasma tvs offers as standard...scrolling bars with manufactures name or a pixel shift/orbiter type one...rave type plasma style effects are easy to find I want a faithful tv type one.

something like what plasma tvs offers as standard...scrolling bars with manufactures name or a pixel shift/orbiter type one...rave type plasma style effects are easy to find I want a faithful tv type one.

So assuming you're talking about saving yourself from image retention....

Pixel orbiter isn't a screensaver, it just shifts the image on screen, whatever the source, a few pixels to the left, up, down or right on rotation.

You said you're using XBMC. The screensaver I suggested is just as effective, if not more effective than the scrolling bars. I don't really get what you mean by faithful in this context.

I know that but surely they must be something that can emulate these scrolling name bar or a program that can shift the screen like pixel shift.. By faithful I mean like them..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom