Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Plasma Screen Resolution vs Panasonic TX32PF10

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Johndm, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Well, I've been very happy with my Panasonic TX32PF10 until now.. :suicide:

Since getting some new toys recently, I feel the picture is nowhere as good as I thought it was.

Got a new Pee Cee with TFT monitor, Canon MV750i Digicam, and Canon 300D
    SLR.

Looking at the results on the computer monitor gives superb results regarding contrast and colour. However, watching camcorder footage and DVD slideshows of still pictures on the TV....rubbish.. :eek:
    Colours are all wrong. For example, footage of the Pacific coast is repoduced on the computer, and on the camcorder screen...wonderful blue. On the TV...greeny grey colour.

So, will a decent Plasma screen (say a Panny 42") show colours BETTER than a CRT telly? And yes, the Panny TX32PF10 is all set up correctly..

regards

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Not better than ANY CRT telly, but yours sounds faulty. The plasmas I deal with do make a decent pretence of reality. Sea is blue where appropriate, for instance.

3. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    There's nowt wrong with the TV.. :D Its just all the colour is much more vivid and lifelike on the computer screen.

Maybe its because Plasma and TFT screens can repoduce colours in a more lifelike way?
    Or is it that my computer monitor is displaying a much higher quality and colourful picture than any TV (CRT or Plasma) is designed to repoduce?