1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma Screen / Receiver Problems?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by CharlieR, Jan 4, 2005.

1. CharlieR

CharlieR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Couldn't beleive my luck when I came across this Forum, I have found a load of info that I will be putting to good use shortly and hopefully somebody can help here

There is a problem with my Plasma screen and my Sky Digi Box as sometimes the number entered on the remote is not registering. At Christmas I had the Christmas tree (false) between the digi box and the screen and everything worked ok, now that the tree has been taken away it is pot luck if you can get it to work

The Sky box is approximately 1.2 metre away from the screen and sits about midway up the screen and is the only place that it can be positioned

I had NTL cable and it was one of the reasons I went over to Sky, only to find that the problem remained

Is there some way that the signal could be screened?

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is it just the number keys or are all of the sky remote keys affected ?? if just the number keys, then maybe a faulty remote?

gary

3. adeyb

adeyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    plasmas put out IR, which can interfere with remote control signals, it happens in my bedroom, so I got a sky remote eye (about £7) and mucked about with positioning and overcame the problem.

ta

Adeyb

4. CharlieR

CharlieR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for responding.

It's not the remote nealgs as everything was working properly when the tree was up, and as I said I had the same problem with NTL who changed over the digi box and provided a replacement remote but the problem did not go away.

The tree somehow or other blocked whatever was coming from the screen that was interfering with the remote. I don't think my wife will agree to having a tree stuck in the corner for the rest of the year.

Good idea with the link, was intending to put one in the bedroom but if it means trouble free viewing in the lounge then that would take priority

Once again thanks.

5. adeyb

adeyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have 4 remote eyes in my house, i just use an amplified distributor (cheap slx one from maplins)

6. CharlieR

CharlieR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Will the Sky SLx Link work if it is connected to the main tv to instead of the second tv as shown on the instructions. :lease:

7. adeyb

adeyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    yep