1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma screen in a Swimming pool area?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by abhi, Mar 25, 2005.

1. abhi

abhi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking of a 50"+ Plasma screen in a swiming pool area.

The roof will be made of a special coated glass, blocking 96% UV, and approx. 75% heat. To make sure the room is bright however, not much light will be blocked (only a few %). I will have air conditioning & de-humidification, and teh pool will always be covered apart from times of Swimming.

Will the plasma have any problems with heat when the poolcover is off, as the room will then be around 33 degrees celcius, to make a comfortable swimming environment?

I was concerned whether or not the picture will show up, due to a great amount of light transmission. Is there any option blocking light going hitting the screen, such as a material allowing light to come out from the Televison, but not allowing the light to hit the television?

Thank you

2. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmm, sounds very nice :)

How high up are you planning on mounting the Plasma as remember a swimming pool and surrounding area has the same zone rules as a bathroom, this means that it will have to be mounted in zone 3 (atleast 2 meteres from source of water) to be aceptable and it shouldn't be able to be touched with wet hands.. have a search on the forums about zones on www.iee.org/forums.

-Alex.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Plasma is not going to do the biz for you here, bright light does not help the picture 1 bit. LCD would be more the ticket, have a look at the Sharp 45", I reckon it's probably the best of the current bunch in any case. I take it the cost is not too much of an issue here, it is a bit pricy, just check out the spec though!

4. abhi

abhi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Quite sure, it's not just about brightness. Personally I'd also avoid the Samsung like the plague, particularly a 50".