• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma screen burn using 2.40:1 aspect ratio?

Sandy 8oy

Standard Member
Hi everyone,
Im getting my Panasonic 50pz80 this week and im wondering if watching movies on 2.40:1 aspect ratio would cause screen burn bars on the top and bottom of screen eventually? How can i avoid this screen burn? Many thanks:)

xit2050

Unless you watch nothing else all day long, day after day, there's nothing to worry about.

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Hi everyone,
Im getting my Panasonic 50pz80 this week and im wondering if watching movies on 2.40:1 aspect ratio would cause screen burn bars on the top and bottom of screen eventually? How can i avoid this screen burn? Many thanks:)

I was worried about this when I got my PZ80 about a month a go, as I watch a lot of Blu-Rays with 2.40:1 aspect ratio and sometimes watch a couple back to back. However so far (touch wood) no burn in issues what so ever! As the above poster says, unless you leave a film on all day then you should be fine.

I'm using these settings here

kempez

And just mix it up a bit, watch some SD full screen etc

McFaber

Just turn your Contrast/Brightness/Sharpness to half way or as much you can bare for the first 100 hours
Then turn the brightness & contrast up ten per cent every 50 hours or once a week until you reach the normal levels.
Iv'e owned (4) Plasma's over the last several years now and I've done this every time with absolutely no screen-burn problems....

In essence use a little common sense, especially in the first few hundred hours ...;)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom