1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma screen and burn in

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by SLIM, Jan 2, 2004.

1. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    ok guys can i ask if this would work as i think it may.....
    Ok so from what i have been reading a plasma screen may get screen burn in the first 100 hour's of use so what i was thinking is why not run a blank screen for 100 hour's that way then the burn in would just be blank and you would not see it :eek:
    I may be wrong as i dont own a screen and dont know much about it but i think it sounds like a good idea. let me know what you think to it the pro's if any and the con's

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    That won't work as the thing that causes burn is the slight falloff in output from the screen for the first 100 hours or so. This will won't happen with a blank screen. If you really don't want to risk a picture (and I think you're being a bit paranoid here), use random noise such as that generated from an untuned set.

3. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    l
    If you look i side
    so no im not Paranoid hehe:laugh:

4. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Some people recommend running a new screen for about 100 hours at reduced brghtness on a non-logo'd channel to break the screen in. There isn't much conclusive evidence to say that this works, but I did it and I have no screen burn so far, despite using mine as a PC monitor for long periods of time.