1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma Repairs

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Carlosv, May 9, 2005.

1. Carlosv

Carlosv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have had a Pioneer 503HDE for the last few years and it has served me well with no problems until I sat back for my normal Saturday night viewing this week, when after about 5 minutes there was a bang and the screen went blank. :thumbsdow It seems like the power is still working as all of the other lights are still operating normally so I am assuming it will just be a PCB that has blown (still probably cost an arm and a leg to fix), but trying to find somewhere to fix it has taken most of my day and I'm still no closer as none of the local shops in Oxfordshire have ever had one to repair before so I don't really want to be guinea pig. :confused:

Does anyone know of, or has dealings with a good repair shop that will preferably collect?

Suggestions please. :lease:

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,667
    Have you tried calling Pioneer ?
    John

3. Carlosv

Carlosv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, nearest authorised Pioneer service centre that can deal with plasmas is about 50 miles away, and a 50" screen is not the sort of thing you can easily put in the back of your car.

4. sdk

sdk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would not a 50 inch screen fitt in the back seat?