1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma Problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by j3t, Jul 12, 2002.

1. j3t

j3t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a bit of bad luck with my Fujitsu PDS4229E plasma display. Anyone had anything similar?

1: There is a clearly visible screen fault. There are two thin lines that stretch horizontally across the width of the screen, they are close together, approximatly 3 mm apart, and is visible through all input sources.

2: I have noticed that since I bought the screen, particularly on still ro light backgrounds, there is a distinct static-sounding noise coming from the lower-middle region of the set, close to where the composite/svideo input sources are located. This static noise has an effect on the screen visibly also, as the screen flickers slightly when this occurs.

On a sidenote, can vibration of say subwoofers etc effect the plasma unit? Also, I run my PC display through the screen also, seeing as how this is one of the things plasmas are developed for I dont presume this would cause it any harm - but is that conclusive?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.