Plasma PQ

don-tucker

Standard Member
Reaction score
In past posts I have said I must be dead lucky,connecting my PW7 with scarts and having a good PQ,well I've just come back from my son-in law's,he has a PW5 and the PQ was 30% better than mine,he has used RGB and S-Video connections,the Misses said "that's what I call a picture"so here we go again.I will buy a JS VGA converter box for a start.
What do you think boys ?
Don

you wont regret it. Was his dvd PQ better too and how was that connected?

Yes it was,it was connected with S-video,
Don

yours are all connected via scart at present aren't they (just checked your previous posts). So you could go for a component board too if your dvd has component output. After all you are only spending money to make your wife happy :)

Thanks for going to all that trouble MEP
Don

no trouble mate, but you should be able to improve things quite a bit for a few hundred quid or so.....money well spent. Then of course you can get it ISF calibrated too! :)

Hey, steady on mate,I don't know what you mean but it sounds expensive,it's really nice to be able to ask questions and get the answers without any obligation and so intersting to read other peoples problems and the solutions.
Don

well ISF Calibration is carried out by a few on the forum including Piers and Gordon.....it's not particularly cheap but for the results it is well worth it. They professionally calibrate your screen to get the ultimate settings for your equipment and viewing conditions. Have a look here http://www.homecinemaengineering.com/services1.html

It looks a good idea but my 1st stage to the perfect picture is the JS box,there is one on e-bay at the moment £102 including lead,don't tell Dr
John .
Don

don-tucker said:
It looks a good idea but my 1st stage to the perfect picture is the JS box,there is one on e-bay at the moment £102 including lead,don't tell Dr
John .
Don

well thats great for sky, but what are you going to do about the DVD?

If your dvd hasn't got component outputs then i would suggest a scart switch box to js vga converter then to plasma. Make sure dvd and sky are set to output RGB otherwise you wont get a picture.

Thats what I intend doing UKDAN as I allready have a scart switcher

I have a Quintro V2 SCART switcher + js RGB Scart to VGA V2
that I no longer use

£125 inc special delivery (or just the JS for £85 inc)

Wish I had known earlier,I have just bought a converter on e-bay and have a switcher,thanks for the offer anyway.
Don

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom