1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma power lead

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cjarmstrong, May 4, 2005.

1. cjarmstrong

cjarmstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a longer power lead for my panny and looking around at various retailers buying a good lead seems quite expensive especially since once installed I will not be able to remove the lead without rechasing the wall on which the display is being mounted. The cheapest option i have found is supra lo rad cable mk plug and wattgate iec, 3 metre works out at about £50. I know this is really a cabling issue but as it it for a plasma I wondered if anyone else had gone down this route and whether there was an improvement?

2. fatherted

fatherted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are just bog standard PC power leads.

Somewhere in work I have a box of long leads that will do the job. If I find them I will PM you to get your address. Don't go paying £50 for it !

3. mh123

mh123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    What you need mate is a quick look on maplin.com for item code FT64U or L88AZ.

These are rewirable IEC plugs, straight or right-angle, £2.49 each and you can make the wire as long as you like.

Will probably help with the chasing as you won't need to pull plugs through the channel, just the wire.

4. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    there are people on e-bay (myself included but will not post my auction i.d here) who sell fully shielded mains cables with mk toughplug and wattgate for a lot less than £50.00 mate, I have tried supa lo rad and IMHO it is expensive for what it is, seems no beter than a russ andrews yellow cable on my hitachi plasma

5. nathanf

nathanf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am just using an old PC power cable at the mo.

Im more bothered about getting a surge protector that an official cable.