1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma positioning

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Arty, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Arty

Arty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I would like to hear your comments about putting a plasma screen above a fireplace. My concern is that the heat would effect the screen, your comments will be much appreciated as mine is not placed yet. I am thinking about getting an oil stove or possibly a wood burning stove, this would ideally be only used on odd occasions as a supplement to oil central heating. The stove will be placed in an " inglenook" style fireplace .
    Thanks for any comments.
    Regards,
    Arty.:hiya:

2. cheesyhammyeggy

cheesyhammyeggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you do a search you will find threads about this, lots of people do it but it generally seems to be accepted that as plasmas cool by drawing air from beneath them, (mostly) it does not do the screen a lot of good. I have mine over a fireplace but mine has a heavy stone lintel that deflects heat out into the room. Also being a coal fire most of the heat goes up the chimney anyway. However , I am always putting my hands in front of the screen to see how warm the air is, just in case!