Plasma pioneer pdp

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by plasterjfe, Aug 4, 2012.

1. plasterjfe

plasterjfe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi People newb here

Recently purchased the above set after seeing a great offer on a very well reviewed TV. I only run from scart previously from my virgin box and have just set this up until I get the HDMI cables.

1. The picture is not what I expected - too sharp and edges become angular and blocky - too soft and it becomes a blur with no real quality in the middle and fast moving sports look fuzzy, could this purely be down to the poor cable input from my old virgin box ?

2. I cant seem to get it to work without the virgin box to cross reference the quality, I run the antenna into the back directly hoping to pick up digi channels but there are none found and no signal - am I doing something obviously wrong?

At the moment the quality is below that of the tube telly it replaced, I kid you not, surely even on the same cables it should be better. another thing is I notice when watching sports if i take a still using the dvb button on the remote the small half sized action is much crisper and cleaner than when in full screen ? ? ? ? ?

Please help confused "maybe im getting old" person

Thanks

2. redaprilia

redaprilia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    You don't say how old this TV is but in principle the screen will only display pictures as good as it receives therefor scart input from a cable box is likely to be compromised , have a drive to to your local 24 Tesco and get a HDMI cable and drive the screen this way then judge it !

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  3. plasterjfe

plasterjfe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Pal

Its the 427xd so i guess older than 5/6 yrs - Maybe it does not even have built in digi tuner? being this age.

I need a new dvd player also with hdmi any recommendations on a partner for this set

Thanks

4. redaprilia

redaprilia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    That model has a built in Digital tuner so assuming that you feed it with a good aerial signal it should tune in . Almost any Bluray player ( also plays traditional DVD's ) will be good but the excellent Panasonic DMP-BD77 is there cheapest machine . If you go fore one of the new recorder then you can watch Freeview HD via the recorder .

5. plasterjfe

plasterjfe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great, so most or all blueray players will play dvd yeah or at least the panasonic model mentioned?

6. redaprilia

redaprilia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    All bluray players will play DVD & Audio CD & generally most will play .jpg pictures , MP3 Audio & AVCHD HD video that have been recorded to blank discs . In other words they play most / everything LOL

7. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    <<< Thread Moved >>>

8. plasterjfe

plasterjfe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks thats brill. got some good prices on the panasonic on the net.

9. plasterjfe

plasterjfe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The digi tuner is working now, for some reason I have to coax in the loft both plugged in for it to work but only one plug in the living room the upstairs is on a totally separate route so not sure what the two are for but hey it works.

still a cagey picture tho, on fast moving images the edges of faces are fuzzy and sports still a problem moving crowd in the background is just a blur

Not what I expected at all but can live with it until I sort my hdmi connections plus new virgin box