plasma picture quality

ross1892

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a sky + 160 box and a panasonic 37PC500 plasma but the picture is on sky and the free view that is in built in the telly is rubbish. The picture is all mosaic. Any recommendations on cables etc. too get a better picture.

Thanks

Ross

To be honest, Gold encrusted cables with some magic powder sprinkled on won't get you a really decent Sky or Freeview picture :eek:
The only thing you need to check is make sure your using RGB scart on your Sky STB and not composite. Get a decent quality fully wired scart (nothing with 3 digits!) and make sure the Sky box is set to RGB, click on 'services' on your remote then go to system setup - picture settings, and select RGB video output and not Pal. If your getting a crap picture on the built in freeview tuner then there ain't much apart from tweak the picture which you can do :(

Can't say I find my SKY to be poor or indeed my freeview. I have got a proper freeview ariel installed which is suited to the area I live in.

Follow taffyboyo's advice to the letter once you have a decent scart lead. I'm using a TECH link lead which is worth around £30.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom