1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma picture processing vs scalers

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by totalmadness, Apr 10, 2005.

1. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As manufacturers are introducing their new range of Plasma's in the next few months and with improvement in their picture processing, do you think with this improvement there is really no need for a scaler??

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
  3. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ..and I'd be doubly amazed...given I have just bought into a high end scaler wiv a new high end panel which for most folks is a luxury too far...! :smashin:

Dil

4. Rahmorak

Rahmorak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Dil, you got it in place now? If so what do you think of the panel? Before and after scaler?

5. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +825
    If you ever need to doubt the benefit of a scaler, or anything that people talk about on this forum, just go into any Currys, Comet, or whatever. Go straight to their most expensive plasma, and see what it looks like straight out of the box, connected by composite to Freeview.

6. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya Rah

Nopes...lol. Liam is coming over Tuesday to check out my lounge and all will be set up in the next couple of weeks. I'm an unreconstructed optimist! No in point of fact..I'm speaking from having seen a mates un-ISFed DVDO HD+ and Pio 503MXE. the difference wiv da scaler is staggering!!! Lots of comments here about the unparalled benefits of scalers - even sourcing da new Fuji AVM2 processor ( which is red hot in any case). So altho i probs wont get night and day like wiv a lesser panel ... I pretty much know I am getting as perfect a PQ wiv da scaler as possible for £8k.

I will report back on the differences if others have not by end of month - promise..

Jeez I am soo fookin excited!

Regards

Dil