• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma picture problems with Sky+/Freeview

I

IanMerseyside

I have recently bought a Pioneer 436xde and generally the picture is excellent. However, I have noticed that when watching sport (football normally) there is a slight picture flaw immediately after there has been an action replay. The best way of describing it is that there seems to be less frames per second for a very short period immediately after the action replay which causes the picture to look a bit juddery. The picture reverts to normal after a couple of seconds. I have checked this out using both Sky+ and freeview and it happens on both. Anyone got any ideas?

Ian

bailda

Standard Member
This has been mentioned a few times now as you are not the only person experiencing this problem. I have a Pioneer plasma and all was ok with sport etc. until the last 6 months or so and I have exactly the same syptoms as you mention.
Lots of different answers when I last posted about this before with the favourite one being to do with the bandwith and what tv companies are paying for transponder capacity for transmission.

I

IanMerseyside

Thanks for your reply bailda. At least I am now re-assured that my brand new £2,500 plasma is not at fault! Hopefully all will be well when HD finally arrives?!!

I

IanMerseyside

Piers

I have the pure cinema set to "standard". Should I change this to "off"? I understand there has been some previous discussion on this subject but have been unable to find it so far. Sorry if I am going over old ground.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom