1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma picture not clear

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Raz, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Raz

Raz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I've connected my Sky+ box to a new Sony 42" plasma and I'm disappointed at the picture. I'm connecting using scart-to-composite BNC and I've also tried s-video but there was no real improvement (only have these two inputs).

Any advice on what can be done to improve the pic. In some cases it looks fine but when viewing football there is visible pixallation which is quite tiring on the eyes. Is there anything I can do to improve the signal or picture?

Cheers.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You need to use a better signal, what model of Sony is it? Does it have YUV or RGBHV bnc connectors?

3. Raz

Raz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately not, it's Sony PFM42V1N it's actually a monitor but can't complain as it was a freebie from a client. I had to buy an expansion board to allow video inputs and the board has S-video and composite inputs. There was another more expensive board available which had the 5 bnc connectors maybe I should exchange for that but will it make a lot of difference?

4. DaveCheltenham

DaveCheltenham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Raz - Sky+ has a very good S-Video out which although may not be the ultimate, can be almost as good as RGB.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You've got a VGA port though? Check the manual, if you have one. You want to look at the horizontal sync frequency. If it can take 15.625Khz, you can use a 'sync separator' like the JS RGB to VGA, or keene synchblaster. That will give you a picture to be proud of. Alternatively look in the screen setup menu while on the VGA input, and see if you can switch it to accept component or YUV or Y Pb Pr signals. That would be useful too.