1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma picture delay with XBOX ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Darbyweb, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Darbyweb

Darbyweb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if its my setup up, but i'm sure there are problems with timing/plasma processing signal. Im using a Pioneer 434... - the one without the tuner.

If i play on a Portable my usual standard of crap provails. But if i use Plasma i move up into the ultra crap league :(

Initially i thought it was the RF controllers, then because i was too close, but now think its something else.

I'm cascading the Xbox through, DVD, Sky+, Netgem then into a JS RGB to Plasma convertor. - Would this cause delays ??

Theres a whole range of inputs in the Plasma, VGA, DVI, and the one with lots of BNC's ? - the VGA does Sky etc. DVI does PC, so can i use the multi thing for the XBox ?

Any suggestions appreciated as i'm doing v v poorly on XBox Live.

Dean.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    It's a known issue, the dead zone, where it seems to take too long to respond to controls. I know of no cure, Pioneer are the worst culprits in my experience, for this and audio sync problems.

3. Darbyweb

Darbyweb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was worried that would be the answer.

So i now have a state of the art living room, and cant play my XBox :(

Suppose its probably ok for everthing except racing (my favourite genre)..

I'm certainly not about to swap the Plasma..

I had noted the audio delay, but seem to have cured this more by luck, and play the DVD-R's audio while watching the Sky+ output, this seems to inject just the right amount of delay.

Off now to play my Xbox on the 14" portable in the Bedroom - how humiliating.

Dean.