1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma picture centering

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tman, Mar 11, 2003.

1. tman

tman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Is there any way to adjust the vertical centering of the picture on a Panny TH42PW4 (silver version)???

The picture is about a dozen lines too high, so things like DOGs are about halfway off the top of the screen. It's especially noticable when watching football matches, where you can't see all of the time/score box, as it partially disappears off the top.

The RGB feed is from a Nokia 221T DTT box via a Keene syncblaster cable. I have the panel set to normal 16:9 (not zoom).

Cheers

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is there not a position button on the remote i have a toshiba/panny clone and i have it,
    with my ntl digital through js boz it was about 2inches off to the right,
    if you can find this button dont just bring the picture in on 1 channel because some channels are different size, you will have to have a good mess round to get the best compromise, but when you finish you will find you have a mush better picture,

and for laugh bring all the 4 sides of the picture in as far as you can so the picture is about 32inch and you will see an amazing differance in picture quality i think its when we start to stretch it to 42 we notice more faults.

goodluck

on my remote its the button below picture and next to aspect
    then use the < > buttons to control it

3. tman

tman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Cheers Jmack, I'll give this a try. If it is as simple as that, then I can't believe I've missed it!!!!!!!!!

4. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did it work