1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma PC Monitor Driver??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rpm, Jan 4, 2005.

1. rpm

rpm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to purchase the Hitachi 42PD5200, and will connect up to my PC (for HDTV) via the DVI. Does anyone know if there are downloadable monitor drivers, or would it have to be a 'Plug n Play' driver??

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    On my Panasonic PW7, Windows XP automatically detected the screen model so drivers may be built in, that is with an Nvidia card

3. peezee

peezee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried this once already, tying my G4 Powerbook to a 42PD5200 via the Mac's DVI output, worked like a charm, in that right after powering up the Hitachi display a box popped-up on the Mac's screen with a list of possible resolutions (the EDID thing, the plasma automatically sent this list to the Mac) and had the 1024x768 resolution selected by default.

Since I had read before that 1024x768 gives the best results from a PC on the Hitachi's I just clicked OK and voilà! The Mac desktop in full 42" size, not as fuzzy as I expected (not even close!), pretty crisp text and actually colours were SO accurate on the plasma (directly comparing with the Mac display) I could hardly believe it...

Then I launched some HD clips on the Mac... but that's the next episod, you'll have to pay to know what happened next... :D
    <no, seriously, it's getting late, maybe tomorrow...?>

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    No problems connecting my PC to a 42PD5300 - PC even listed a driver for 1920*1080 (30hz interlaced) which gave an absolutely stunning picture for Hi Def WMV files.

John

5. rpm

rpm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all! Willbe trying hopefully trying out later today!