Plasma pc dvi

G

grayson

Just connected my panny6 to my PC via dvi and played gladiator but the borders at the top and bottom are massive it sees like win dvd is stretching a 4:3 widscreen image to fit a widescreen plasma, the only way i can get rid of them is by pressing zoom on the tv but this looses info at the side Please help

Kopite4Ever

Novice Member
probably be the settings in windvd and not the plasma. i use power dvd on my pc and i know your able to change ratio settings in that.

G

grayson

Ive just spent £50 quid on powerdvd 5 deluxe but when i play a dvd it says cannot play copy protected dvd when tv out is enabled, how do i change aspect ratio

G

grayson

sorted it out. How does a pc running powerdvd cpmpare to a stand alone player.
Is it possible to make powerdvd 5 multi region. Thanks

j0nners

Standard Member
You're probably better off asking the 2nd question in the HCPC forum, but i think the gist of is that if your DVD drive itself isn't multi-region then you need to download a hacked multi-region firmware image for your DVD drive and upload it onto the drive, and then use a tool like either DVDRegionKiller or DVD Genie to make PowerDVD multi-region.

Be warned that messing around with the firmware is risky - i tried it and rendered my DVD drive completely inoperable. I ended up buying a new one which was already multiregion.