Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Plasma panel opposite a window?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Selectortone, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Selectortone

Selectortone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've just ordered a PWD-7 (from AV-Sales) which is being delivered early next week.

My lounge has just been redecorated and the room is completely empty so I need to decide the best place for it.

The room is 4m x 5m with a large bay window at one end. This is where my previous 32" widescreen TV and av kit was.

The preferred location for the new plasma (by she who must be obeyed....) is at the other end of the room as there is a nice uninterrupted 4m wall. It would look nice there, with a glass stand, speakers etc, but I'm worried about it being opposite the window.

So, I'd be very grateful for any opinions on siting my PWD-7 like this. The window faces east and only gets direct sunlight for a couple of hours in the morning and the panel will be 5m back from the window- is the picture quality going to suffer?

Thanks in advance :)

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    just close the curtains mate...... or get heavy nets, opposite a window is the worst place to put it, but with careful use of nets heavy curtains should be ok, is it going to be used during the day?

3. Tarsh

Tarsh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same issue. Basically the only place I can mount the display is above the fireplace, directly opposite a window. I will be using a tilting wall mount to aid viewing & will review the situation once it's installed, fitting heavier curtains or additional lining as required.

BTW my current CRT TV is in the corner and reflects the same window plus patio doors and a further window in the other end of the room, so hopefully the new setup will improve on that.