• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma panel opposite a window?

Selectortone

Standard Member
Hi, I've just ordered a PWD-7 (from AV-Sales) which is being delivered early next week.

My lounge has just been redecorated and the room is completely empty so I need to decide the best place for it.

The room is 4m x 5m with a large bay window at one end. This is where my previous 32" widescreen TV and av kit was.

The preferred location for the new plasma (by she who must be obeyed....) is at the other end of the room as there is a nice uninterrupted 4m wall. It would look nice there, with a glass stand, speakers etc, but I'm worried about it being opposite the window.

So, I'd be very grateful for any opinions on siting my PWD-7 like this. The window faces east and only gets direct sunlight for a couple of hours in the morning and the panel will be 5m back from the window- is the picture quality going to suffer?

Thanks in advance :)

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
just close the curtains mate...... or get heavy nets, opposite a window is the worst place to put it, but with careful use of nets heavy curtains should be ok, is it going to be used during the day?

Tarsh

Standard Member
I have the same issue. Basically the only place I can mount the display is above the fireplace, directly opposite a window. I will be using a tilting wall mount to aid viewing & will review the situation once it's installed, fitting heavier curtains or additional lining as required.

BTW my current CRT TV is in the corner and reflects the same window plus patio doors and a further window in the other end of the room, so hopefully the new setup will improve on that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom