Plasma Or Videoproyector

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by okipage6w, Jul 9, 2004.

1. okipage6w

okipage6w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'M GOING TO LIVE INTO A NEW HOME AND MY WIFE WOULD LIKE TO BY A NEW PLASMA TV. SHE LIKES THE LG 42PX11 PLASMA TV. ANYONE HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE ABOUT THIS NEW (HERE IN SPAIN) TV?

I WOULD HAVE BETTER BOUGHT A DLP VIDEO PROYECTOR, BUT MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT FOR HOME USE AND AS UNICAL TV SET IT'S GOING TO BE VERY EXPENSIVE (BECOUSE THE LIFE OF THE BULBS IS NOT SO LONG) AND THAT WITH SUNLIGHT IT WILL BE HARD TO SEE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANK IN ADVANCE AND BEST REGARDS (SORRY FOR MY POOR :clap: ENGLISH)

2. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,183
    Plasma vs Projector.
    If you had a dedicated room for movies only, projector every time.
    Living room - could have tv & projector, if your room would look ok with a projector.
    Mine wouldn't, so I've gone for a plasma, which is what most do for both tv & movies in their living room.

Although I haven't seen the LG display you've mentioned, I'd be prepared to bet you could do a lot better, without spending much. What sort of budget do you have?

3. okipage6w

okipage6w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking about this LG becouse the contrast is high(5000:1) and the luminosity too (1500:1) for a price of 2950€.
    In this price is included : 2 analog TV tuner, 2 15W speaker.

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,183
    Qutoed contrast figures don't always give the true story. LG aren't known for making good plasmas, and there are bargains to be had from companys that do (Panisonic, Pioneer, Hitachi etc)

Are you particularly after a plasma with speakers and tuner box, or are you going to use a surround sound package (5.1 - 5 speakers, 1 sub) and cable/satellite subscription instead of a standard tuner?

5. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26

You know those big cow-like creatures that you Spanish like to poke with a big sword in the name of 'fair sportsmanship'?

Well the brown stuff that come out the end that doesn't squeal in pain is exactly the same stuff as what the above specs you have been quoted is.

;)

No-body makes plasmas with more than 4000-1 contrast and certainly not a company like LG (but Panasonic/Fujitsu do). 1000-1 for a model like the LG is far more realistic.