1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma or SVideo Lead?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Skids, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Skids

Skids
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I have just bought a Techwood Plasma and I am fairly happy with it. (I know some people will tell me I shouldn't have bought it but it was all I had the budget for)
    I also have a Pioneer DCS 303 DVD player which only has SVideo out and I have noticed that red is sometimes slightly shifted to the right (I noticed this in The Incredibles which has a lot of red in it!) although it isn't really colour bleed.

I bought Digital Video Essentials and have it set up to the best I can.

Anyway my question is, would buying a better svideo lead help this or is it because it is a cheap plasma or could I actually have a problem with the plasma that I should get sorted under warranty?

Also woul this help with the solarisation that appears although that is not that bad.

I have a £20 pound interconnect Svideo lead but I have got my eye on a £35 Ixos svideo lead (Is this a good choice?) but I don't want to fork out that sort of money if it isn't going to make any difference.

Many Thanks in advance.

Skids

2. Skids

Skids
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody have any advice please.

I am thinking it is the cable because the colour from Sky (Via RGB Scart) is fine.

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i reckon you will get more advice in the plasma forum mate

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,464
    Skids

A better engineered cable may make a difference - though ensure you get a cable on Sale or Return so you can try it in your system without committing to a purchase.

I'd recommend one of these (http://www.bettercables.com/svideosvhs.html) - a bit more than the Ixos you indicate but do make a difference over any other S-Video cable we've tried.

Best regards

Joe