Plasma or Projector?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by SI1977, Jan 3, 2007.

1. SI1977

SI1977
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Been lurking around this forum for months now and just when i thought I'd decided on a Panny PX60 I've been seduced by the idea of turning my single garage into a home cinema and a projecter appeals mainly due to size...

Seen the Infocus in76 projector which has some good reviews and its also supports 720p. I've seen the Px60 in John Lewis and was very impressed.

Now here's the question, will 720p projectors like the in76 produce picutures as good as the panny px60?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers, Si.

2. MURFIA

MURFIA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, got the same problem shall I get a plasma now and enjoy it, then install that or wait and go for a big cahooner :)

3. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    PJ imho if you are happy with your current TV and have the space and can easily route wries, and put screen, set speakers etc.

4. GrannySmith

GrannySmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Having sat on the PJ/plasma fence for the past few months, I've just plumped for a Panny PH9 plasma panel on the basis that 1080P PJ's will be approaching sensible money by the time I'm next able to dig deep a year from now. :thumbsup:

5. SI1977

SI1977
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the post Ash, i see you have a panny px600 in your opinion would a 720p projector DLP preferably equal picture performance ?

6. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    That is tough, as mine is 42" and a PJ screen will be 80"-100" for most people, so obviously you would see the imperfections more I think. I couldn't tell you which one would prodice a better pciture, but others may.

But if you had a choice, I would go PJ for the cinema experience. I would, but I needed a TV for daytime viewing as my old one was bust. :)