1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma or projector

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Knightshade, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi All,
    Totally new to the plasma/tv thing so I just want some advice to start with.
    I'm looking at possibly a projector/DVD combination with some sort of TV capture card? (Here's where I fall down!)
    The reasons for this are I have seen a few Plasma's and haven't been overly impressed. I did once see a projector setup and thought 'I like that'
    So what I need to know is:
    Will the above work? If so how do I go about it?
    If not what should I look for in a good big Plasma?
    Room is big, so space isn't a problem, WAF is. System will be totally for movies and TV, no CD or mp3 playback at all.
    Thanks in advance.
    Knight

2. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have two different set-ups: one with projector and another with plasma. I find plasma much simpler to use.

Plasma is Fujitsu 5003 50" connected to an HTPC with Nebula DigiTV card (Freeview). Apart from TV it plays flawlessly DVDs, HiDef moves and anything else you throw at it. My wife learned how to use it as well. We frequently use it to surf the Internet.

Projector room is a much larger set-up, needs darkness and some time to worm up. It is awesome and we use it when watching / listening to something notable.