• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma or led

sandycisco34

Standard Member
Hi All

I'm going to buying a new tv as soon as all of panasonic range is out. I recently bought the 42" GT50 and think its a fantastic tv. As we are going to move that to another room in the house, We're getting a new tv. I had my mind set on either the FT60 or DT65, however as I have only ever had plasma (in flat panel terms), I am now not too sure if I'm making the right choice. After seeing this review for the Vt65, I'm strongy thinking of it. We have 3 kids, however with wii games plasma has an advantage for them in terms of panel toughness. The tv would be used both day ( room has blinds and not too bright)and night. Tv would be used for movies, sports (mainly football) and the usual coronation street, Eastenders etc. Would I know notice the differnce in motion/black level to my eye or do these results show up using testing equipment. If i thought i wouldn't notice the difference of motion/black level with my eye, Id probably go with either FT OR DT..
I would appreciate all advise.

Thanks
Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom