Plasma or LED?

Spursman

Hi

I did a search but there arent many NEW threads on this. I know its prob been asked many times before but i cant find the topics.

I am in the market for a 60inc Set. I currently have a 50inc Samsung which is decent. I was debating if i should get a projector or a LARGER TV. Decided on larger TV.

So.....

I mostly watch Football and play PS3 (call of duty & pro evo)

Which TV would be best for this? plasma or LED. Plasma i have now seems fine but ive noticed LEDs have a much sharper picture.

stucarblne

Spursman said:
Hi

I did a search but there arent many NEW threads on this. I know its prob been asked many times before but i cant find the topics.

I am in the market for a 60inc Set. I currently have a 50inc Samsung which is decent. I was debating if i should get a projector or a LARGER TV. Decided on larger TV.

So.....

I mostly watch Football and play PS3 (call of duty & pro evo)

Which TV would be best for this? plasma or LED. Plasma i have now seems fine but ive noticed LEDs have a much sharper picture.
Plasma all day long imo.

Will give you a better film motion. And better response times for gaming. Will also because of it's naturally faster response time look MUCH better for footy.

Also Lcd gives the "impression" of looking sharper. But if you are talking about HD content - then 1080P or lower resolution is just that.

Whatever display technology you prefer. But a (well set up) plasma is very sharp. 'Naturally sharp' that is. Just like if you were to look about the room sharp if you know what i mean. Lcd can't do this imho : )

Orson

<<< Thread Moved >>>

Spursman

Thanks for your help.

I suspected that plasma would be best for my needs. Now i have to find a set.

I found a deal at most of the major retailers for this TV. SAMSUNG Series 5 PS60E530 60" Plasma TV. £899 seems a bargain. Im not fussed that its not 3D or a smart TV.

Thanks Orson for moving it to the correct area on the site. I noticed that i started this thread in the wrong place but couldn't delete it.

samuelodog

Standard Member
I am also debating between led and plasma,

Also a footie fan.

My choice is between a samsung 46ES6300 and a panny plasma ST50.

I have downloaded some footie games to take to the shop to see how they do.

In terms of HD movies, I already tested this and the Samsung looked incredible.

What platform do you watch footie on? Sky? Bt vision? How does your samsung LED do with it?

Cheers

Spursman

I watch it on Sky HD.

Where can you download HD football matches to take to the store to help decide?

My current TV is a plasma. its fine but im just wanting a larger screen. Waste of money really as i dont need one but you only live once ey

samuelodog

Standard Member
Yup - I'm also upgrading for a bigger screen.

I dont have HD footie on BT vision,

so I guess I'll download some SD. May not work as a comparison to Bt vision content though, but I'll give it a go.

BTW, for Plasma, go Panasonic.

stucarblne

Spursman said:
Thanks for your help.

I suspected that plasma would be best for my needs. Now i have to find a set.

I found a deal at most of the major retailers for this TV. SAMSUNG Series 5 PS60E530 60" Plasma TV. £899 seems a bargain. Im not fussed that its not 3D or a smart TV.

Thanks Orson for moving it to the correct area on the site. I noticed that i started this thread in the wrong place but couldn't delete it.
That is a bargain for 60". And if i remember rightly got good reviews.

Great size for footy & games : )