Plasma Or LCD?

Usama

Novice Member
Posted this in the LCD section as well.

I bought a Panasonic PX70 last year for my PS3 and it's been aweome. :clap: I did buy a Sony W2000 at the same time as i bought the Panasonic to decide which one to buy. I compared them with my PS3 for 720p and 1080p games, 1080p Blu-Ray movies, and SD TV (Sky). The Pansonic looked better at everything to me. :smashin:

The detail on the Sony W looked grainy and the colours where kinda cartoony. The Panasonic looked smooth and like real life. I perfer Plasma's. :D

About a month ago i got a XBOX 360 and am going to buy another TV for it. What would be better the Panasonic 42" PZ85 or a top end LCD?

nbat58

I think a plasma would be more suitable unless using the tv in brightly lit room or mainly for gaming.

hen_dawg

Standard Member
I don't think anything drastic has changed in the plasma v LCD debate in the last year. Sounds like you already have a preference

audiphile76

About a month ago i got a XBOX 360 and am going to buy another TV for it. What would be better the Panasonic 42" PZ85 or a top end LCD?
I see that you already have a plasma and an LCD for your use. Now you put up a question regarding TV for gaming usage alone. I would say that most LCDs(including current top end models) have issues with fast movements except maybe X3000/X3500. No other LCDs have decent 100Hz capability imo.

On the contrary PZ85 should do the trick for you. Colors on PZ85 should not only be richer, they have better contrast ratio, have depth in color and shadow details and better blacks. If you can afford and have space for it, why not go for a 46PZ85?

Usama

Novice Member
I see that you already have a plasma and an LCD for your use. Now you put up a question regarding TV for gaming usage alone. I would say that most LCDs(including current top end models) have issues with fast movements except maybe X3000/X3500. No other LCDs have decent 100Hz capability imo.

On the contrary PZ85 should do the trick for you. Colors on PZ85 should not only be richer, they have better contrast ratio, have depth in color and shadow details and better blacks. If you can afford and have space for it, why not go for a 46PZ85?
Yea, on Motorstorm on the Sony W i could see some ghosting. :thumbsdow I would like a 46" but it would be too big. :( So look's like it's going to be the 42PZ85. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom