plasma or lcd

D

dughail

I want to buy tv 46" or 50" for about £1500 but havent got a clue what to buy your advice on this matter would be most welcome

What will you be viewing on the TV?

Mostly standard definition/sky?

Gaming,Sky HD?

These questions need answering first.

if i were you on that budget i would go for a good 42" screen the poi 427 has a great review, i think your going to struggle to get good pq from a £1500 50" plasma

if I wanted to play games,
firstly I would be reluctant to buy a plasma at all because of screen burn / retention.
secondly the pioneers are the worst ones you can get. I've heard of people to have perminently damaged them before even paying their dealer for the thing in the first place in under half an hour of game playing!

if you must buy a plasma, then go for a panasonic 50ph9 for £1355 from av-sales

if I wanted to play games,
firstly I would be reluctant to buy a plasma at all because of screen burn / retention.
secondly the pioneers are the worst ones you can get. I've heard of people to have perminently damaged them before even paying their dealer for the thing in the first place in under half an hour of game playing!
Not a problem if you buy the pricier panels from Fujitsu or Panasonic.
These (XHA51 and XHA58 Fujitsu and Panasonic PH9 and PF9) do not suffer from those problems.

Not a problem if you buy the pricier panels from Fujitsu or Panasonic.
These (XHA51 and XHA58 Fujitsu and Panasonic PH9 and PF9) do not suffer from those problems.

hrmm so the 42" px70 isnt recommend for playing games on because of possible screen burn then?

Panasonic PX70 threads plenty of users of PS3/360 and who've had the PX60 as well.
Ask in there or just read the comments - no mention of screen burn, although the Pioneer's get slated for that being an easier thing to do on them for whatever reason.

total ******** imo (no offence) i play a 360 and ps3 on my pio 427 and havent had a hint of screen retenion or butn and trust me sitting in lobbys waiting for games for 30 mins will surely show this, as long as its run in its fine, who wants lcd motion blur for games? i for one dont, so buy a good plasma and i stick by my guns go for the pio 427 you wont be disapointed check out the reviews and the owners thread here,

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom