Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

plasma or lcd?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by rbartlett, Oct 29, 2005.

1. rbartlett

rbartlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hi guy's

i have read and re-read pretty much most of the posts here and still basically none the wiser.

Our viewing consists of

simpsons most nights
    some of the news after

the odd 1/2 hr maybe maybe not.

a few of the ITV champions league and international football. some (but not all these days) F1

daughter watches 1 or 2 videos at the w/e (she's not allowed cbbc's at anytime )
    we have freeview and an 15yr toshiba

I have been given some money to change and freeing up valuable floor space is a real bonus so-

As the Plasma forum why should I buy a plasma over a lcd and would the picture match an old 26 crt ?

Cheers

Richard

2. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    what size screen are you looking for?
    my panasonic 37"pw7 is as good if not better than my old panasonic 28pm11 crt tv. simpsons looks excellent on it. i cant say about sport as i dont watch it but everything ive put in looks good.

3. rbartlett

rbartlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi

Thanks thus far

To further clarify

I feel because the screen is to be wall mounted we can go up to about 37 (which both the mrs and I seem to concur)

Also at present we have two pc's so one could be used on the new tv.

Cheers

Richard

4. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    the other thing you need to sort out is total budget. do you need speakers and tv tuner built in or do you have a surround sound amp. panasonic plasmas are usually very good and recommended by a lot of people here. if you can go to 42" the pwd8 pannel by panasonic are highly recommended about £1300 from av-sales) although it doesnt come with speakers and you may need to buy another input board. if you want hi-def then the pwhd8 which more expensive.
    some pioneers are recommended by a lot of people but i have not seen them running.
    try to get a demo of some screens in a local shop. comet and currys usualy have a pretty poor feed so dont look so good. even when using dvd they plug into non-rgb scart ( the ones near me do anyway)