1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma or LCD panel

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by scumbag, Mar 17, 2005.

1. scumbag

scumbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a bit of novice when it comes to this sort of thing, but am after a plasma\LCD panel, I already have a marantz 4200 amp, marantz 4100 DVD player and am not changing either of these, also have sky +

I watch a lot sports and have been told that plasma is better for this, I have been looking at the Panasonic TH-42PWD7BS and conneting everything up to this using SCART (currently being used) I would be grateful of any advice

2. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    For what it's worth, try to demo both quality plasma (Panasonic or Pioneer) and quality LCD (Toshiba). Plasma has better response times so better for sport, better contrast but lower brightness. 42" decent plasmas are very good value at around £1500 - £2000; only 32" LCD's for the same price. You can still use SCART whatever screen you choose but better picture quality (PQ) is available for very little outlay by using the JS Scart to VGA convertor. Search the forums for details.

Everyone has their own opinions but it's your money and only you know what looks good to you.

Hope this helps :)

3. chienmort

chienmort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am biased but a good plasma will give the best video image quality. LCD has slower response time and that will drive you nuts once you see the effect. LCD also has a worse colour rendition (reds are orange). Beware however because a bad plasma is worse than a good LCD.