1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma or LCD 37" 42" for a Computer

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by mbkowns, Jun 27, 2004.

1. mbkowns

mbkowns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a plasma monitor for my computer I want a huge screen something like 37" to 42". Which one would be the best out there for solely computer use of course I would hook up my dvd player to it as well but mainly to be used as a computer monitor.

Any Ideas ? I want to have a wide view without using the dual monitor setups...

thanks

-MBK

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    If it's going to be used mainly for computer work for long periods of time, you'd be better IMHO off with an LCD rather than a plasma as you're going to have problem with image burn on a plasma from static images such as the windows task bar.

I've got a plasma and have used it with a PC but never for more than a couple of hours.

John

3. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26

All large screen LCDs are high resolution, many of the plasmas are not. LCD will be better for your purposes.

4. 38H21543

38H21543

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you are looking for a "wide view" LCD, you may need to be clear what width you want to display in terms of pixels:- 1024, 1280, 1366, and generally 768 high.

5. mbkowns

mbkowns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and now I have come to find out about DLP. So plasma and LCDs are out of my mind now. I hear samsung is comming out with a 1080p native resolution monitor. 5000:1 contrast ratio seems good

what do you think about DLPS and computers

samsung has dvi inputs and they explicitly talk about wide screen for computers.

-MBK