1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma or go for CRT "and" Projector ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by CosmosblueMR2, Aug 22, 2005.

1. CosmosblueMR2

CosmosblueMR2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    First up appologies if this is the wrong forum as realy my question involves all three (plasma / CRT / Projector).

Moving house soon and would you beleive I'm selling my existing TV in with the sale of the house (Toshiba Picture Frame1 36"). :D

I must admit I'm a Toshiba fan - as I've had this TV for 3 years and it's superb for my needs. But what now ?

Could anyone advise with my needs as per below what to do ? and what models to go for ? - I've read all the mags and reviews and award lists but would really appreciate some advice on what to go for - ie either JUST a plasma... or go for a CRT "and" a DLP Projector ?

my needs:
    Top quality picture. Sound not so important as ultimately a separate system will be purchased.

Budget: £2500 / £3000
    if Plasma : Hitachi 42PD7200
    if CRT & Projector : Toshiba 36ZP48 & Toshiba TDP-MT700 (or Panasonic PT-AE700)
    Usage: daily viewing, including sports. DVD film viewing. Sky+. Playstaion2 (or 3 when it's released :smashin: )

Never seen a "budget" Projector in action - I'm guessing places with Demo rooms do not actually like to set these up for you to view if you then go and buy from over the Internet - ie cheaper... or do these places price match these days ?

appreciate any info I really do... I just want to make the right decision and make it ONCE.

thanks v much,
    Frank.

2. camorra

camorra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I would go for the Plasma and the Hitachi 42PD7200 is a perfect choice for your connections as you identified.

Invest in a good DVD player too.

Cheers :D