1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma or DPL

Discussion in 'TVs' started by sheep, Jan 23, 2005.

1. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi hopefully someone can help me I am looking for a Plasma/DLP so i can bring my pc in from the garage and hook it up to my new Plasma/DLP along with my X-BOX DVD etc,I am trying to find out if Plasma's and DLP's can give good quality high res pictures for PC games with a decent refresh rate ie all i wanna do is play my pc games through the telly with brilliant quality,I see lots of posts kind of skirting this issue and have been to pc world,curry's etc where i have had conflicting reports from everyone...so if i plug my very up to date pc into my new funky Plasma or DLP will it be worse/the same as or better than using my 17" monitor,will i be able to browse the net without having to squint to see the text and will the games be blurry or ghosty will i burn a permanant image of my speedo into the corner if i play on a plasma for more than 10 minutes thanks in advance for your concise and simplistic answers
    Sean

2. schnipps

schnipps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Look all over this forum, the toshiba 46 dlp is raved about, and criticised just like every tv on the market. If i where you i wouldnt get a plasma unless you have 4k to spend then perhaps i would. Dlp DO NOT SUFFER FROM IMAGE BURN plasmas do.

Its completely up to you, go and demo some sets. Nobody can choose a set for you, only give advice. Some people can watch the best dlp out there with the best feed and be unhappy, the next man may be over the moon with it, same applies to plasma or lcd.