Plasma onto Plasterboard

P

Paulo88

:lease:
Hi all,
I've just opened my FREE wall mounting kit that came with the Panasonic TH37PW7 Plasma TV. The bracket is about 2" tall and about 28" wide. Something like this...

---------------------------------------------------
I O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O I
---------------------------------------------------

The plasma then hangs via a bracket from this. As you can image this doesn't give it much service area to spread the weight across just plasterboard. (No there is no wooden beams behind the plasterboard !! Its just dot and dab plaster. :suicide: )

So my idea is to bolt a piece of wood to the breeze block behind the plasterboard making sure that this has a good fix, then bolt the above mount to the wood.

Your thoughts as ever are much appreciated.

Is this sure to send my plasma to the great plasma heaven in the sky ? :thumbsdow

Or

Do you think as long as the wood is secured well enought to the wall the plasma should hold ? :smashin:

Thats a really cheap and very nasty bracket the bracket should be VESA spec and HAVE 4 mounting holes for the panny and be much larger...............28" wide and 14" Tall (now you know why yours was free) the offical panny mount (£250) which is large bout excellent for plaster board have 24+ fixing point to spread the load on plaster board which i have used many times with no ill effects (doesnt mean yours wont work....but) when using proper fixings.........

I'd definately try and get the best mount, not worth skimping when getting the most expensive type of tv on offer, even if it means buying a good quality one on the credit card!!

But i mounted mine straight onto the plasterboard, exactly the same as yours. I used these metal plug things that screw in flush to the plasterboard, and then a screw holds the mount into the metal plug. We swung on it after, its rock solid, loads of people on this forum will advise the option u mention of putting up mdf to a joist, but that means cutting into the plasterboard etc. and in a brand new apartment as in my case this just wasnt possible. Anyway i took the quick option but its up to you, i just guarantee that plasterboard is stronger than people think. All common radiators found in the house are hung on the screws i mention, and u never hear of them falling off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom