1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma on wall?? some advice please....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stonedog, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Stonedog

Stonedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just took delivery of my Pio 504 :clap:
    now i gotta fix it to wall....
    went to BQ to get some Anchor bolts but i didnt realise there were so many different ones :rolleyes:
    mounting it on a 4 year old brick wall (plaster faced)...
    anyone recommend BQ wall fixings i need? i bought M8 x 95mm long(heavyweight) anchor bolts and also because i wasnt too sure i bought Hit Type Anchor bolts M8 x 70mm long (heavyweight)
    im not a regular DIY'er and im a bit nervous bout putting this 38kg monster on the wall without waking up in the middle of the night to a loud crashing noise :eek:
    so come on guys ..any feedback and hints/tips will be welcome b4 i attempt this
    then i gotta work out how i get my Kef's on the wall...sigh )))

thanks a lot

Mark

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Mark,

Well I used Anchor Bolts from B&Q - M8 x 65mm - to mount my 50" panny plasma and a mates without any problems.

My bracket required 8 bolts to be used and needed a 14mm masonry drill bit which I also needed to purchase as it's larger than your average bit.

After measuring whereabouts I wanted to hang the plasma I offered up the mount to the wall and, with the help of a mate and a spirit level, marked the 8 holes to be drilled.

The using a smaller drill bit to start with, about 8mm I think, I made a pilot hole with the drill set to standard not hammer.

Then switching to the 14mm beastie and setting the drill to hammer I then finished off the holes to the correct depth.

I then found that I needed to place the anchor bolts in the holes and tighten them up before removing the bolt section leaving the sleave part in the wall.

It was them a matter of attaching the mount to the wall and tighening up the bolts using a wratchet. Try not to over tighten the bolts though.

Then attach the other part of the mount to your panel and away you go :smashin:

It's not difficult and just like hanging a shelf...but if you have any doubts about it then I'd get someone in as it would be much cheaper than a new screen.

Which Kef's have you gone for ? I have also mounted my 9000ACE fronts and 5005 rears no problem. Are you going to be hiding the wires ?

Cheers, Lee

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    I used just 4 bolts on mine, one of those bolts will hang a plasma.
    After putting the top two in I hung off the bracket to test it out, if it can hold 12 stone with two bolts I am sure it can hold a plasma ;)

I used a 12mm bit and used a hammer to tap it in, it really isn't going anywhere fast.

4. Stonedog

Stonedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the quick replys guys...and very helpfull too!

ive got the KEF 5005 set and yup i really want to bury wires ..i hate wires)
    .....but not as much as my wife hates wires and my life wont be worth living if i dont bury em in the wall)
    i suppose that a case of channeling out and putting some kind of tubing / trunking in wall?

spent all night tonight with one of them Pioneer "actual size" posters of the 504 and trying it at different heights and moving furniture around..(a lot :suicide: )
    BTW what height do people mainly mount their plasma's? at the moment we've got the poster at 92cm from floor to bottom and we think we like it there best but......who knows) im tired..she's tired even the dogs tired..never knew it was gonna be such hard work!! and i wont even drill no holes till after work tomorrow evening!))
    Loonatic : those Kefs easy to mount on wall? look good mounted?

thanks

mark

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    Have a look in the av furniture section of the forum and see my post on plasma tidy, You could hide all your wires and cables that way ??