1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma mounting.....via chains?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Brogan, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    I'm not sure yet whether I want to mount my plasma on the wall (quite high up) or put it on a unit with a desktop stand or even on its own dedicated stand.
    Obviously I don't want to waste money by buying the wrong one so it got me thinking....

Has anyone ever tried hanging a plasma display from the ceiling via metal chains?
    This would give you the freedom to mount it at whatever angle (i.e. in a corner)/height/location you like. It could look quite good too.

A couple of sturdy hooks screwed into the joists and some decent thickness chain should be more than adequate for holding about 40Kg's.
    Not sure whether it's possible as there would need to be some way of fixing the display to the chains but I'm guessing there are holes where you fix it to the bracket so that shouldn't be a problem.

Just a thought.....

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Thanks Gary.

I was going to search but then I though surely no-one is stupid enough (as me) to think of hanging it from the ceiling.....how wrong I was :D