Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Plasma mounting on Wall

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by BoomBoom, Sep 24, 2004.

1. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I am planning on purchasing a Richer Sounds universal wall bracket to fix my Hitachi PD5200 to a stud wall.

As it is to be mounted on an internal wall, specifically wall with under stairs cupboard. Because of this I am planning on finding the studs and putting as many fixings as I can into those I am also planning on drilling right through the wall and fixing a section of wood to the other side of the wall. So it will be bracket --> plasterboard x 2 --> wood attached by bolts.

What does everyone think? That is enough to hold it up right?

Thanks Boom.

2. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Don't know the Richer Sounds mount, by my Omnimount instructions say fixing to timber studs is fine. I have just installed a 50inch Viera using the 4 supplied screws into breeze block. It is rock solid. Your solution sounds very robust. Just as a matter of detail, the screws supplied by the manufature located in 1/2 inch diam. holes (so they were substantial).