1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma mounting on Stud Wall

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by BoomBoom, Sep 23, 2004.

1. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I am planning on purchasing a Richer Sounds universal wall bracket to fix my Hitachi PD5200 to a stud wall.

As it is to be mounted on an internal wall, specifically wall with under stairs cupboard. Because of this I am planning on finding the studs and putting as many fixings as I can into those I am also planning on drilling right through the wall and fixing a section of wood to the other side of the wall. So it will be bracket --> plasterboard x 2 --> wood attached by bolts.

What does everyone think? That is enough to hold it up right? :confused:

Thanks Boom.

2. novicegeek

novicegeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thinking of doing the same. Just bought my panny PWD6 but it is laying there dormant. I am also placing it under the stairs like you are and am not confident at all about the integrity or the strength of these damn plasterboards. Posted a link earlier and had mixed reviews. Someone has said that it is a stupid idea and a plasma should not be mounted on plasterboard and someone else said that they have done it and it was perfectly fine.

All in all, very little useful information unless you can get hold of someone who has exactly the same problem and has found a resolution for it. Alas for us, we are both clueless.

Maybe a builder is in order. As I said earlier, I loathe to pay out £250 (because I am tight and I know it is not difficult) for some cowboy to come and fix it with those cavity wall thingys.

3. chrisyd

chrisyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have "eventually" got round to hanging my PW6 on a studded wall above the fireplace.

I used 8 heavy duty plasterbard plugs from B&Q for the back bracket. All I can say is that the TV ain't going anywhere fast...