1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma minefield

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dali1020, Jun 18, 2005.

1. dali1020

dali1020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just got home from looking at plasma screens in my local town (what a load of s...!)In one shop the £4500 HD Pio next to the £1400 LG, best pic LG by far.The pio pic was very poor, asked the assistant about it and in his words "oh it is a very good pic if you set it up right" (so why don`t you!)No one seems to want to give you any advice if you do get any it`s very often bull, but can sell you a nice warranty . looked at the pan 500 in two shops again pic was poor. i`ve got 2k in my pocket for a screen but just not seen anything about which i would be happy to spend it on .May just have a good holiday :(

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    where are you? perhaps there is a member near you or a good shop we can point you too i just spent 30 minutes in dixons ignored by all the staff who were in a big group moaning about the poor sales I could have told them how to seriously boost sales and set the lot up properly but they could not be arsed to speak to me so their LOSS.....

3. dali1020

dali1020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I`m in Reading don`t mind traveling if i`m going to get good service. Just not sure which way to go .Every time i make a choice some issue pops up (pw6 ,waited to see the new pw7,then the HD issue waited, for the 500 panny ,did not like the look of it! now waiting for the samsung HD or the new G8 panny without speakers

4. iranu

iranu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's audio T near the butts centre 9round corner from argos) but I don't know if they do Panasonic. Very helpful let us have a weekends demo of a NEC VM5.

Seven Oaks sound and vision in the kingswalk shopping centre might be of help.

Theres a Panasonic shop in Henley on Thames in Duke street.

Basically to find a decent set up you have to spend your time and be prepared to travel. It's worth it to make the right decision when spending 2k imho. In the end went down to nexnix.co.uk for a demo of 3 screens and bought there.